The programme provides you with the latest international knowledge and literature and practical experience. All teaching materials are in English, which is also the language of instruction.
- Contact moments 22 hours
- Self-study 18 hours
- Additional costs € 750
approx. for books
- Credits 120
in two years
- Language English
THE FIRST YEAR:
Theory, practice and a project
The first semester of the year is taken up by a foundation course. Subjects include physics, mathematics, physical chemistry and micro-/nanotechnology. In the second semester you are assigned an individual project. The projects are inspired by a variety of specializations, including microfluidics, bio-functionalized surfaces and interface electronics.
Nanotechnology in Twente
Twente is the ultimate nanotechnology hotspot in the Netherlands. The region boasts impressive facilities and know-how in this subject area, including research groups at both Saxion and the UT. Furthermore, both MESA+ and MIRA are recognized throughout the world as leading institutions with state-of-the-art facilities. The area offers a lot of job opportunities in this field.
- 70% Theory
- 30% Practical and group work
The projects within the master are:
You could design a lab-on-a-chip module to measure the amount of lithium in blood. Or a point-of-care test with which GP’s can perform tests on patients needing a minimal amount of blood.
You could, for example, make heart cells on a chip. In this way research can be done with human cells without animal testing.
In this project you will design an electronic nose that can detect certain molecules. This ‘nose’ can be applied to detect fireworks in football stadiums or lung cancer or COPD via your breath.
- Review of calculus
- Creative facilitation
- Interfaces and materials in bio-, micro- and nanotechnology
- Dynamic system modeling in bio-, micro- and nanotechnology
- Cross-disciplinary basics
- Society and technology
- Micro/nanoscale engineering and technology
- Project in an integrated R&D environment
- In depth tutorials on 5 different subjects (e.g. optics, microfluidics, bio techniques)
- Business and money
- Environmental nanotechnology & nanotoxicology
- Scientific visualization
- Signal inference or Advanced data analysis
- Thesis preparation
- Master thesis project: external project in industry
Degree: Master of Science
Upon graduation you hold the title Master of Science (MSc.)